Wednesday, May 28, 2014

10 Day Beauty Quest, Day 2

If you are new or missed day one of this 10-day beauty quest, please read the previous day to catch up. It won't take up much of your time.

Read:
Today's Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:17
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

You see, when sin entered into the world we became tainted; sin separated us from God. But, we were reconciled through the blood of Christ Jesus, thus when we have accepted him into our lives and declared him as our Lord and Savior we have been made new. We are no longer separated from God, we are no long slaves to sin, but we are made free. We are a new creation. There's nothing ordinary about us, in fact because of Christ and his power that is in us we are extraordinary. And maybe you are still hanging on to the old self, the one that has passed away-the dead rotting corpse that needs to be tossed aside, the one that constantly accuses you and weighs you down with guilt, defeat and shame. The one that listens to the lies of the enemy and begs you to confirm to the ways of the world. Or, just maybe, you are holding on to old habits, faulty mindsets and destructive behaviors. If you are in Christ, you must declare today to let it all go, it's dead and you are a new creation. You are free, walk in your freedom today. But remember, because we are a new creation we still have to deal with the hurt and the pain of the past. We can seek God for guidance on how to move pass the pain and heal. He wants us to experience peace in our lives and He can guide us every step of the way. 



Reflection:
(If you have not accepted Jesus into your life, but wish to be saved, please see the prayer list below and then come back to this question).
What things in your life passed away when you became a new creation in Christ? Are you still holding on to any of those things? Are you allowing them to dictate any area in your life? Why or why not?

Reinforce: 
Step 1. We all have areas in our lives that can be strengthened by the word of God and His mighty power. Take a moment to examine yourself and identify a specific area in your life--a behavior, way of thinking/mindset, habit, personality trait, etc that is in need of strengthening. Be honest with yourself, this is between you and God--unless you want to share it with someone else. Maybe you struggle with being honest, or selfishness, lust, or maybe you struggle with being faithful in tithing. You know the area in your life, so take a moment to write it down and reflect on it. List a few details as to how this area in your life is affects you, your family, friends, church and/or community, how long you have struggles with this area in your life, past (if any) attempts to grow or change in this area and why you believe you struggle in this area. What is the Lord trying to reveal to you through this area in your life?

Step 2. Now, take the word of God and explore what it says about that specific area in your life. You  can use the internet and find scriptures from the Bible that are applicable just by typing, "what does the bible say about (you fill in the blank). This is your opportunity to grow and become stronger in Christ, thus more beautiful.

Want to accept Christ into your life?
Have you accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior. If not, but you would like to then please take a moment and say this prayer with me: Dear Lord, I declare today that I need you in my life. My life is nothing without you. I confess that I have sinned and I ask for your grace to forgive me. I need your grace and your mercy today. I believe that you sent your your Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for me and to save my soul. I believe that you raised him from the day to reconcile me to you.  I accept him into my heart today and ask that you take over my life. I surrender it all to you today. Lord, this is new to me and I know I will make mistakes, but I ask that you will guide me and help me to stay on track with you. I thank you for loving me and I thank you for who you are. I praise your name today and forever in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment